The Smoking Room (Common Room)

Trilby Jones
    Windsor Member
    Windsor Member

RU-Points : 26

The Smoking Room (Common Room)

Post by Trilby Jones on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:22 pm

The Smoking room is open to all guests, but please keep in mind that all mainstream forum rules apply within this thread, thanks!

As you walk into the room the comfortable smell of tea, beer and toasted teacakes wafts across your senses. Comfy chairs are dotted around tables here and there, evidence of a relaxed approach to furniture placement. There is a drinks and snacks menu on every table, with every type of tea as yet discovered (and a few not yet know to the British public) available at no charge. Tucked away in the corner of the room is a small but well stocked bar, staffed at all hours of the day and night, with wines, beers, ales and other alcoholic beverages available for those of legal drinking age. The room is warm and comfortable, with large leather chairs off to one side for those wishing for a private evening, or perhaps a quick nap. When the weather is pleasant enough, the doors to the adjacent veranda are opened, and tables, chairs and a few sofas are carried outdoors and arranged to take advantage of that rarest, briefest and most unpredictable of seasons, the British Summer. The veranda looks out over a beautiful garden, with well-trimmed hedges and carefully attended flowerbeds with prime examples of British foliage, with the occasional rare specimen from far and exotic locations.

Upgrade
    The First Windsor
    The First Windsor

RU-Points : 105

Underground File
    Name: Upgrade
    Family/Job: The Windsor Family/ First Windsor Head
    Level: 1

Re: The Smoking Room (Common Room)

Post by Upgrade on Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:37 pm

The smoking room was a fairly new addition to The Windsor Family Baker Street headquarters, and as Upgrade entered for the first time she regarded the room with much curiosity.

Looking around silently, she pulled up a seat and lit her pipe. The family was growing, and she was glad all was well so far.
    Trilby Jones
    Windsor Member
    Windsor Member

Post by Trilby Jones on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:40 pm

Trilby walked into the room from the veranda, closing the doors behind him quietly.

"Aaah, nothing like a nice stroll in the garden, wouldn't you agree First?"
    Upgrade
    The First Windsor
    The First Windsor

Underground File

Post by Upgrade on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Upgrade looked over her shoulder at Trilby and smiled whilst abscent-mindedly blowing smoke rings.

''I have yet to visit the garden, but judging from the blueprints it is quite beautiful. You have outdone yourself Jones, I think I will be spending plenty of time here.''
    Trilby Jones
    Windsor Member
    Windsor Member

Post by Trilby Jones on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Trilby sits down in the chair opposite Upgrade, and scans the menu.

"My thanks First, I myself am rather pleased with the outcome. Ohoh! Scones! Lovely."

Trilby taps lightly on the menu, and the touch-activated sensors sent his order to the kitchens.

"Perhaps my favourite feature of the room this." He says, indicating the menus.

Within seconds of his order, a small compartment opened on the surface of the table, and a place of warm scones with butter and jam rose up in front of him.
    Upgrade
    The First Windsor
    The First Windsor

Underground File

Post by Upgrade on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:13 pm

Upgrade watched with curiosity whilst Jones prodded the menu. When the plate of scones appeared from the table, her eyes widened.

''Well that is an interesting feature! I hope it was not too complex to include?''
    Trilby Jones
    Windsor Member
    Windsor Member

Post by Trilby Jones on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:46 am

Trilby takes the plate and takes a bite of one of the scones.

"Mmmm, lovely."

Setting the plate down, he replies; "It wasn't simple, but not absymally difficult. Picking the wallpaper actually took me at least double the time."
    Upgrade
    The First Windsor
    The First Windsor

Underground File

Post by Upgrade on Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:20 am

Taking a large drag from her pipe, Upgrade takes a closer look at the wallpaper mentioned.

''Hmm... I can see what you mean. With technology, all you need to do is make it work. Picking wallpaper... it's all down to personal taste.''

Smiling around her pipe, her thoughts turn to the future of the family.More families would be making themselves known soon, and she wanted to be fully prepared to defend her London territory, and perhaps even expand it.
    Shimuzaki
    Windsor Member
    Windsor Member

RU-Points : 15

Underground File
    Name: Knight
    Family/Job: Windsor Family

Post by Shimuzaki on Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Knight walked in with a look on his face that signaled he was in a serious mood. He calmly walked in and sat down and looked around.

"This place is rather nice."
    "I think I can enjoy it here."

He then pulled out an orange he had brought with him and took a bite directly out of it.
    Upgrade
    The First Windsor
    The First Windsor

Underground File

Post by Upgrade on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:07 am

With her pipe still in hand, she waved to Knight as he entered the room.

''Hey Knight, how are you doing?''

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:44 pm